Living with M.S.

"Living with M.S. is sort of like training for a long race. The harder you try, and the longer you keep at it, the stronger you become.
Eventually, looking back, you may be amazed at the power you possessed, even when you had no idea it was within your reach." (Linda Ann Nickerson)

Wednesday

Do you have an MS-related New Year’s Resolution?




Happy New Year, MSers and friends. Who’s making New Year’s Resolutions? And do they have anything to do with living and coping with multiple sclerosis?

Hey, if you battle the MonSter daily, then pretty much everything you do has something to do with MS.


With this idea in mind, I asked several MSers about New Year’s Resolutions. Here are some of the answers I received.

  1. Brandy, of Idaho, opted to “decrease the inflammatory foods and exercise/yoga 3 times a week.” She also indicated she planned to create a new fitness/motivation-oriented Facebook group in 2015.

  1. Diane, of Massachusetts, claimed this admirable goal: “to exercise and make myself stronger.”

  1. Eddie, of Pennsylvania, made a dietary resolution. “I’ve gotta stop eating or drinking anything with artificial sweeteners or lots of preservatives,” he said.

  1. Kat, of New York, replied thusly: “This year I need to remember to take advantage of the days I feel good! And to move more.”

  1. Katie, of Rhode Island, said, “I am making a resolution to learn how to say no. Overdoing things for others is my downfall. I need to take care of myself first for a change.

  1. Lisa, of Minnesota, pointed to stress reduction for 2015. “I am looking for ways to cut out stuff that causes extra anxiety and frustration, which only add to MS flare-ups,” she attested.

  1. Maizie, of Colorado, valued vitamins and good nutrition. “I’m gonna try to remember to take my Vitamin D and eat well all year. That’s harder than it sounds.”

  1. Patty, of West Virginia, piped up about exercise. She said, “My New Year’s Resolution is to walk at least 7 miles each week, if I can swing it.”

  1. Ricky, of Kansas, answered this way: “I promise I will do what my Neuro and wife tells me to and not do more than MS will allow me to do. Ok I'll try to do a little better.”

  1. Robin, of Florida, indicated she planned “to sleep in more.”
 
  1. William, of Oregon, said, “I hope to stop using MS drugs. The side effects are annoying.”

  1. Yvette, of Arizona, claimed a New Year’s resolution aimed at her career. “I am looking for a job that actually stays within the regular work week, instead of adding tons of unpaid and exhausting overtime,” she replied.

What is your MS-related New Year’s Resolution this time around?

Image/s:
Created by this user,
including adapted public domain artwork

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter  

No comments:

Post a Comment