Living with M.S.

"Living with M.S. is sort of like training for a long race. The harder you try, and the longer you keep at it, the stronger you become.
Eventually, looking back, you may be amazed at the power you possessed, even when you had no idea it was within your reach." (Linda Ann Nickerson)

Tuesday

Dude, where’s my list?



The MS MonSter ate my list. Lately, it seems he’s eating all my lists, no matter where I leave them.

That’s right. Blame it on multiple sclerosis and the big, bad MS MonSter. Of course, that sounds a little like scapegoating. It’s sort of like saying, “The Dingo ate your baby.” Except it's real.

 .

 .

(OK, that wasn’t too funny in the 1988 movie, A Cry in the Dark, starring Meryl Streep and Sam Neill. But I gotta admit it: I cracked up when Elaine said it on Seinfeld.)

Still, whether to MS, to doing too much these days, or to a lack of paying attention, I’ve lost another list.

Lists are supposed to be helpful, offering simple reminders of stuff I need to do in a given day and what items I need to pick up in town. But a list is no good at all, if I can’t find it.

Maybe I’ve simply misplaced my latest list.

Or perhaps a certain Type A neat freak cohabitant (not mentioning any names here) may have stuck it somewhere that seemed more fitting than the place I remember putting it. Hey, it happens, and it's a crazy-maker.

Or maybe the MS MonSter actually ate the list, after all.

So here I am, listing around, looking for my latest lost list.

Eureka! Lately, I’ve taken to making lists on my (not-so) smart phone, since it has a handy little NOTES feature. Sometimes I even take cell phone photos of the lists I have stuck to the refrigerator.

Now, if I could only find my phone …
Image/s:
Dude, where’s my list?
Created by this user,
including adapted public domain artwork

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment