Living with M.S.

"Living with M.S. is sort of like training for a long race. The harder you try, and the longer you keep at it, the stronger you become.
Eventually, looking back, you may be amazed at the power you possessed, even when you had no idea it was within your reach." (Linda Ann Nickerson)

Tuesday

MS offers all sorts of vitamin D’s, if you look closely




Multiple sclerosis and vitamin D seem to be interrelated. Certain experts have suggested that vitamin D deficiency may raise a person’s risk of developing MS. Others insist vitamin D can affect MS disease exacerbations and progression, as vitamin D is believed to boost the immune system and provide a host of other health benefits.

Some say proper vitamin D absorption may be an issue for those with multiple sclerosis. MSers always seem to run low on vitamin D, except during those times when we take massive mega-dose prescription levels of it. So something’s not quite right.

The whole vitamin D/MS connection still needs some deeper description and development. But doctors seem pretty convinced that MSers need more frequent testing and higher doses than most other folks. And, whenever tested, most of us routinely receive low results for vitamin D levels, even in midsummer, when we may sport suntans.

OK, that set me to thinking. Although those living with multiple sclerosis may be challenged to achieve and keep appropriate levels of vitamin D in our systems, many do tend to develop high levels of other essential D’s.

A dozen vitamin D’s for MSers

How about these vitamin D’s, which seem to crop up in lots of MS warriors?


  1. daring
  2. dauntlessness
  3. decency
  4. decisiveness
  5. dedication
  6. depth
  7. determination
  8. devotion
  9. diplomacy
  10. discernment
  11. dreams
  12. drive


Who’s feeling better already?

Image/s:
Pink Panther cartoon
Generated by this user
on RedKid.Net
Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Dedication and determination are key for me. I'm dedicated to doing my painful stretching routine because I am determined to be able to walk unassisted today. I also a mega dose of vitamin D daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dedication and determination are key for me. I'm dedicated to doing my painful stretching routine because I am determined to be able to walk unassisted today. I also a mega dose of vitamin D daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure you're sufficient in all of those other d's !

    I've had to supplement too, although I'm not right now since I'm out in the sun a lot more. Haven't been tested since the sun made it's appearance, though, so not sure what my numbers are right now.

    ReplyDelete