Living with M.S.

"Living with M.S. is sort of like training for a long race. The harder you try, and the longer you keep at it, the stronger you become.
Eventually, looking back, you may be amazed at the power you possessed, even when you had no idea it was within your reach." (Linda Ann Nickerson)

Sunday

MS style: Sporting shades in the shade ... or fog or rain




I wear sunglasses in the sun, the shade, and even sometimes in a storm. Call it MS stylin’.

Why?

Multiple sclerosis can cause vision issues (such as optic neuritis) and light sensitivity. MSers may be prone to migraine headaches. Those are glaring issues.

Often, I can be found with a pair of sunglasses stuck on top of my head. In a brain-blip moment, I might ask people if they’ve seen my glasses. I might even don another pair, only to find the original glasses are serving as a headband.

Maybe you know the feeling.

Unless the sun has set, I’m not likely to go out without my shades.

Image/s:
Girl in Sunglasses –
WP ClipArt

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment