Living with M.S.

"Living with M.S. is sort of like training for a long race. The harder you try, and the longer you keep at it, the stronger you become.
Eventually, looking back, you may be amazed at the power you possessed, even when you had no idea it was within your reach." (Linda Ann Nickerson)

Thursday

Lopsided: Describing multiple sclerosis from A to Z



Look out!

I’m not sure how it happened, but I found myself staring at the sky today. I didn’t just zone out or anything. I was walking across the grass. The next thing I knew, I was flat on my back, staring up at the wild blue yonder.

This wasn’t the first time – not by any stretch. Sometimes one ankle just decides not to listen to the leg and simply refuses to go in the right direction. This lack of cooperation can lead to the ground – in a hurry.

No harm done this time. It was a fairly soft landing.



Gathering my wits, I stood up, brushed myself off, and went on with my day. I may sport some interesting colors in strange spots tomorrow.

Hey, it happens.

Multiple sclerosis can be lopsided. It can affect (Read: “Shut down” or “Shut off”) random body parts. And it strikes one side or the other with a whim of its own.

Today’s count:

Ground: 1 pt.

Me: 0 pts.

But the day is still young.


Image/s:
April A to Z Challenge 2016 logo – fair use
 Adapted from public domain artwork

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter.  You are invited to join the Kicking MS to the Curb page on Facebook and the Making the Most of MS board on Pinterest as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're OK! That must be very tough to deal with, but your attitude is fantastic. And hilarious.

    ReplyDelete