Best of all, the MS MonSter has (perhaps unwittingly) given me a better understanding of the struggles and personal sufferings of others. None of us is invincible or pain-free.
- When a friend bows out of plans suddenly and without much explanation, I want to understand how it may have nothing to do with me.
- When someone disappoints me by failing to complete an expected task, I want to consider what unseen challenges that person may be juggling.
- When another driver doesn’t seem to be moving fast enough ahead of me in traffic, I want to think of how that person may not be on the top or his or her game today.
- When a healthy looking person slides into a seat ahead of someone who may even be a bit older, I look twice to see if he or she may be carrying some extra burden.
- When I can’t complete the same agenda today as I did handily yesterday, I try to give myself a break.