Living with M.S.

"Living with M.S. is sort of like training for a long race. The harder you try, and the longer you keep at it, the stronger you become.
Eventually, looking back, you may be amazed at the power you possessed, even when you had no idea it was within your reach." (Linda Ann Nickerson)

Monday

Bereft of balance - Facing MS symptoms from A to Z




Bear with me here. I can balance my checkbook. I can balance the books for client companies. I can balance a bunch of responsibilities. I can balance my own emotions. But all too often, I can’t balance myself on my own two feet.



Blame the beast known as multiple sclerosis.

Life with MS is a balancing act. Any MS warrior totally understands. We learn how to budget our own energy and wherewithal to bring our best to each day. But physical balance is something else.

This balance can disappear gradually (especially when we grow tired, face extra stress, or battle some sort of illness or injury). It can also vanish all of a sudden, leaving us reeling and tumbling.

That’s when we demonstrate our uncanny ability to trip over smooth, flat surfaces. That’s when se stumble and stagger and struggle to walk in a straight line. Spare us the breathalyzer test or bad jokes.

It’s MS, stealing our balance. But you can bet we’ll beat the band to get it back.



Images:
Word cloud generated by Kicking MS to the Curb - All rights reserved
Series title graphic adapted from public domain artwork.



Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.
You are invited to join the Kicking MS to the Curb page on Facebook and the Making the Most of MS board on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment