Living with M.S.

"Living with M.S. is sort of like training for a long race. The harder you try, and the longer you keep at it, the stronger you become.
Eventually, looking back, you may be amazed at the power you possessed, even when you had no idea it was within your reach." (Linda Ann Nickerson)

Wednesday

Dizziness - Facing MS symptoms from A to Z




Oh, dear. Dizziness might be my own MS worst dream. When it hits, and the world begins to spin, all kinds of untoward events begin to happen. I rock and roll (but not in a good way at all). My stomach demonstrates feats that rival Olympic tumblers. My feet seem to gain a mind of their own (and it’s a drunken mind at that). 


Dizziness can be disastrous.

It’s like the tilt-a-whirl at the fair, except I might be sitting at my desk. It’s also like motion sickness, except I’m not moving. And it’s like feeling flu-ish, but not actually having the flu.

Sometimes double- or blurred vision goes along with it – as a special bonus.

Oh, dear. (That’s right. I said it again.)

When the dizziness dissipates, I count myself blessed that it’s over. Who wouldn’t?

Maybe that’s why I’ve never really enjoyed drinking alcohol much. That reeling feeling is all too familiar, and it’s not something I wish to duplicate.


Images:
Word cloud generated by Kicking MS to the Curb - All rights reserved
Series title graphic adapted from public domain artwork.




Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.
You are invited to join the Kicking MS to the Curb page on Facebook and the Making the Most of MS board on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment